Saturday, December 8, 2007

Baby Zanowiak

It has been difficult for me to visit this site and even more so to contribute anything new, despite my original intent. I have actually only watched the video a single time since putting it on this blog and it was extremely difficult. Today, however, I had a day that I would have normally called dad about before I even left the parking lot, but since I couldn't, sharing the eperience with all of you is the next best thing.

I attended a birthing class with Shelly today. It was a very challenging experience for me, not just for all of the obvious reasons that you would associate with a soon-to-be father, but at every step I drew parallels with what dad must have been thinking when he and mom were where I am now. He always said that the days we were born, were among his greatest days. I suppose I won't be able to speculate for another couple weeks. I can't ask him if the concerns and hopes that I have for my wife and son were among those that he had for mom and me, but from what I knew about dad, they were... to be healthy; to be honest and moral; to appreciate education; and to above all value family.

For anyone who may not have known, with Zac's blessing, Shelly and I made an easy decision to make the baby's middle name Daniel after his grandfather and his uncle Zac.

No comments: